poetry, the go in the between, liminal, press

Monday, May 21, 2007

5.21.2007 - stuck in dallas


restless, stuck.

in fort worth.
four bloody marys.
ipod:
ten in the swear jar's accordion solo!
me likes the cover::: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/TITSJ_Accordion_Solo%21.jpg.

thanks to mateo for sending me this letterpress link:

http://sfbookarts.com/letterpress/.

reading: murakami's _hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world_.

what sort of person is haruki murakami?

on the tube: _lost in translation_. yawn.

mateo also gave me an interesting tidbit that i should use when i am in mexico ( i didnt mention that i am stuck in the holiday inn, instead of romping around mexico city in colonia roma because in a rush, i left that all important little book called a "passport" on a scanner at gorgas...):

<<
"perdoname que se me hayan caido los sesos," which loosely translates to "forgive me, i dropped my brains," but you have to be careful to say "sesos" and not "senos," or you'll be telling people that you dropped your breasts. >>

a friend who kindly fedexed that important little book called a "passport" told me:
" start meditating. maybe that'll help you to focus. "

yet i don't actually think focus is a problem; i can be incredibly diligent and focused when i choose to be.

No comments: